This is a simple salad that I grew up eating at what seemed like nearly every dinner. Like most salads in this book, you can stuff it in a sandwich, serve it with rice, or eat it all on its own. Often, we’d make it without tahini, so you can skip it if you want something a bit lighter.
Makes enough for a few people
- English or Persian cucumbers
- 2 small Persian or 1 large English cucumber
- 2 medium
- Fresh mint
- A few sprigs
- Fresh lemon juice
- One large lemon or roughly 1/4 cup
- Tahini (optional)
- 2 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon
- Peel and dice the cucumbers, sprinkle with salt, and let them drain a little bit.
- Finely dice the tomatoes and herbs.
- Mince the garlic if you are using any.
- Mix everything together in a bowl and let it stand for a half hour or so before serving.